Reactions to Summercore from
and Experienced Users
- The marathon Summercore experience gets a 33 rating. The factor that made the workshop most valuable for me was the opportunity to choose particular areas of interest on which to concentrate.
Randy Murphy, Chairman Computer Department
Greenhill School, Dallas TX
- My overall reaction to Summercore is: what a stimulating experience! Steve and Lynne are both wonderful, knowledgeable educators and I absolutely loved working with them. I highly recommend Summercore to all those who are interested in using the computer in a more effective, creative way.
Leslie Gulbransen, Computer Coordinator
Buckley Country Day School, NY
- I appreciate the Summercore balance between philosophy, technology and hands-on experience, and the constant references to teaching practice and the realities of the school environment. Lynne and Stevešs energy and humor helped to sustain my involvement.
Emily Tucker, Computer Teacher
Park School, MA
- Summercore is one of the most intense, productive, helpful workshops I have ever attended. I learned a lot, but even more important is that I have a million new questions that I feel empowered to try to answer on my own.
Patrice Cardiel, Computer Coordinator
Holland Hall Primary School, OK
- I came in as a Level Two participant, but still I learned an enormous amount of tips and procedures that will enhance my teaching performance in the upcoming school year. I am grateful for the Summercore program. I intend to encourage teachers of all disciplines to attend Summercore.
Ray Dubose, Computer Science Head
Blair Academy, NJ
- This course offered a fine example of two excellent teachers and what it takes in terms of "humanware" to make instruction work.
Peter Ebling, Computer Coordinator
Montclair Kimberley Academy, NJ
- Perhaps the best thing that I can say is, "Yes, I shall Return!"
Kathleen Byrd, Computer Coordinator
Gulf Stream School, FL
- Not only have Lynne and Steve given me computer skills and knowledge, but they have raised many issues pertinent to computer education in schools today.
Martha Van Loon, Computer Teacher
St. Peteršs School, PA
- My overall reaction to Summercore is WOW! You could not have been more accommodating fulfilling our every request for snacks and refreshments. That was a welcome change from most workshops and conferences.
Nancy Fortman, Computer Teacher
San Francisco Day School, CA
- Summercore has really provided me with everything I hoped. As a new computer coordinator, with good computer and classroom teaching skills, it provided me with a sense of confidence and the opportunity to further develop my own philosophy of computer teaching. Many of the things that Steve and Lynne discussed helped many half-formed concepts and theories of mine crystallize into workable and concrete ideas.
Shannon Stringer, Computer Coordinator
The Churchill School, NY
- Simply put, I absolutely loved it! I immersed myself totally and still could not get enough, did not get tired, and did not want to take a break. The green book will become my Bible, so to speak, in the fall when I canšt call on both of your expertise to help myself get myself unstuck. I feel like I could keep writing forever about the experience and its impact on me, but I think it will suffice it to say that I am a different person because of the past week. You state in one of the SC flyers that teachers will feel empowered by the experience and you truly do deliver the goods. Thanks for an incredible week!
Kent Vienot, Math and Computer Teacher
Park School, MA
- Summercore has been a big confidence builder for me. I have a much better understanding of what is expected of me as computer teacher, and I know what goals to set for myself and my school.
Harry Williams, Computer Teacher,
University School of Nashville, TN
- Summercore is a fantastic experience. I have learned a lot that I did not know and reviewed a lot that I was aware of. Steve and Lynne have a level of intensity and passion that is contagious. I am truly looking forward to having the time to sit down and really read the Blue Book; it contains so much helpful information that I guarantee it will sit beside my computer as a constant reference tool.
RuthAnn Ranker, Computer Teacher
Our Lady Queen of Mercy School, AL
- Your program is outstanding. I feel more confident in attacking my new adventure at school and feel confident enough that I will be able to implement a program with some knowledge.
Marge Heasley, Computer Teacher
Dutchess Day School, NY
- I came to learn as much as I could about the Mac in order to teach it in the fall. Having taught with an Apple IIE for six years, I have looked at the change as both exciting and stressful. I now feel that this week has not only taught me a lot, it has encouraged and sparked me to explore the Mac more fully. The interaction with other members of the group and the leadership of Lynne and Steve has been a great experience.
Robin Farrington, Computer Teacher
- Once again, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself at Summercore. I have been stimulated and challenged, and I feel that I am going away renewed with enthusiasm and knowledge. I am impressed, all over again, by how well Steve and Lynne meet the diverse needs of seventeen people.
Anne Roe, Math & Computer Teacher
Hockaday School, TX
- Your ability to attend to each level and each individual question is remarkable. I'm pleased to have had the opportunity to return and feel I have gained confidence and skill during the week.
Sallyann Berendsen, Computer Teacher
Far Hill Country Day, NJ
- Your vast library of software, books, magazines and other resources was impressive. I felt that not only did I learn new things but I observed some creative models of teaching that I will imitate in the fall! Thank you for an intense learning experience.
Jane Manzelli, Computer Coordinator
Brookline Public School, MA