june and july
Reminders to everyone connected with one of the five Summercores.
We are looking forward to working with each and every one of you and helping you with computer growth, Web 2.0 skills and overall tech progress.
1) If you are a late signup, the application, picture and full payment are due
2) The Summercore HW assignment is posted at http://www.summercore.com/ChapterSamples
and can be done at any time from now through the day before your Summercore session begins. It involves reading online
3 of the chapter excerpts from the 400 page Summercore book which you will be given on the first day.
here to see the HW completed by others.
Steve Bergen ... 781-953-9699 ...
p.s. some Summercore participants in the past have asked if they could have access to the 400 page book before Summercore begins since what we have posted for the Summercore HW assignment is just 3-5 pages from each chapter. The answer for this year is yes and you can find the book online below the index which is at
Friday Evaluation Form for Summercore at Shorecrest? click here
Castilleja: June 15-19, 2009 ...
Graduation Picture 6/19/09
8:30-5:30 Mon-Thurs (lunch 11:50-12:50) and 8:30-1:30 Fri
Casti Moodle |
Casti main Web site |
Casti Google Apps
Casti teachers help each other.
Camilla wins $33.|
Tony wins $5.
Photoshop Exercise: Where in the World is Camilla? Get an image from
Google or Flickr. Make sure you
practice attribution with the URL name where you got the picture.
Casti Teachers produced:
Alpha Order by First Name
Alice Lung pn SC Alum
... Anne Cameron
... Camilla Lau
... Carolina Moroder ... SC Alum
... Chris Blair
...> Christina Gwin
... Christina Nawas
... Cissy Lewis
... Eugenie Paick
...> Holly Thompson
... Jeannine Marston
... Jane McConnell
... Jole Seroff
... Kim Knapp
... Margaret Lane SC Alum
... Patrick Burrows
... Patty Holubar
... Rebecca Sherouse
... Susan Dean
... Tony Domizio
*** Alice, Anne, Bear, Camilla, Carolina, Chris, Christina, Christina, Cissy, Doris, Heather, Holly, Jane, Jeannine, Jole, Kim, Margaret, Patrick, Patty, Rebecca, Sarah, Susan and Tony
- Bear Capron overseeing Team B
- Doris Mourad overseeing Team D
- Heather Pang overseeing Team H
- Sarah Barnum overseeing Team S
Chris Blair, EM,
New Canaan Country School: June 22-26
8-4:33 Mon-Thur and 8-12:33 on Fri ... eval form
NCCS main Web site |
NCCS Google Apps
Each picture below magnifies. Or click here for the Google Earth song!
Alpha Order by First Name: Carl Brodnax ("Coach") ... teacher and coach
... Carol Etzold ... Middle School Science Teacher
... Eric Garrison ... English and History Teacher (grade 7)
... Jen Christensen ... Director of Communications
... Karen Wappler ... Art Teacher, 4-6 and Ceramics (grade 9)
... Kathy Kravec ... Rhythm Teacher, Creative Arts Chair, Rhythm and Dramatics (grades 1-4)
... Kristen Ball ... Grade 5 Teacher (not sure?)
... Kristin Quisgard ... Grade 4
... Linda Shackelford ... Lower School Music (grades 1-4)
... Marsha Whitman ... MS & US Music
... Mary Ann Lansdale ... Head Librarian
... Maureen Sanders ... Foreign Language Teacher (French 7-9, Spanish 7)
... Michal Speck ... Grade 3 Teacher
... Suzy Sensbach ... Grade 6 Teacher
... Valerie Schirmer ...Grade 3 Teacher
... Yinning Yao ... Mandarin (grades 7-9)
*** Carl, Carol, Eric, Jen, Karen, Kathy, Kristen, Kristin, Linda, Marsha, Mary Ann, Maureen, Michal, Suzy, Valerie and Yinning
Berkeley Carroll: July 6-10 (8:30-5 Mon-Thurs & 8:30-12:30 on Fri ... 28 participants
Ben Chant ...
Beth Lantz ...
Cathy Woll ...
Cindy Molk ...
Danielle Fallon ...
Doug Crane ...
Eileen Mercado ...
Ellen Arana ...
Jen Crichton ...
Jess Smith ...
Jim Shapiro ...
Kate Dunn ...
Kathleen Ellis ...
Kendra Barbary ...
Kenneth Corfield ...
Lan Wong ...
Lia Tocce ...
Lorne Swarthout ...
Marvin R. Pollock ...
Maureen Sheehan ...
Maxine Barnett ...
Molly O'Connor ...
Pat Friedman ...
Phaedra Mastrocola ...
Robert Busch ...
Sherri Paller ...
Susan Haber ...
$33 Winner Beth
evaluation Friday PM ... graduation picture ... Summercore carnival video
*** Ben, Beth, Cathy, Cindy, Danielle, Doug, Eileen, Ellen, Jen, Jess, Jim, Kate, Kathleen, Kendra, Kenneth, Lan, Lia, Lorne, Marvin, Maureen, Maxine, Molly, Pat, Phaedra, Robert, Sherri, Susan and Suzanne
Horace Mann School: July 13-17
9-5 (not 9-6) Mon-Thur and 9-12:33 on Fri
*** Angelina, Barb, Barbara, Beth, Christine, Dan, Denise, Egbal, Erin, Hilarie, Ian, Jan, Josť, Karla, Katy, Ken, Lauren, Louise, Margie, Nancy, Patricia, Peggy, Renee, Sabina, Sandy and Tom, Wally
27 Participants with Twitter Accounts for the Horace Mann Summercore Group ...
Angelina Goater Horace Mann School ...
Barb Jansen SC Alum from St. Andrew's Episcopal School
Barb has given me permission to share THIS DOCUMENT from SAS with other schools
Barbara Tischler Horace Mann School ...
Beth Rubenstein Village Community School ...
Christine Newton Convent of the Sacred Heart ...
Dan Rufer Horace Mann School ...
Denise Daley Convent of the Sacred Heart ...
Egbal Mohamed Khartoum American School ...
Erin O'Farrell Havergal College, Canada ...
Hilarie Goodenough The Town School ...
Ian Humphreys Convent of the Sacred Heart ...
Jan Allison SC Alum from Convent of the Sacred Heart ...
José Leonor Horace Mann School ...
Karla Ward Horace Mann School ...
Katy Gartside The School at Columbia University ...
Ken Carpenter Horace Mann School ...
Lauren Goldberg Berkeley Carroll ...
Louise Parms Horace Mann School ...
Margie Rubins Convent Sacred Heart ...
Michelle Amilicia, Asst Instructor, Horace Mann School ...
Nancy Grey The Spence School ...
Patricia Zuroski Horace Mann School ...
Peggy Hartmann Horace Mann School ...
Renee McShane The School at Columbia ...
Sabina Rowe Horace Mann School ...
Sandy Rubenstein Horace Mann School ...
Tom Katzenbach Horace Mann School ...
Wally Levis from Ethical Culture Fieldston School
*** Wally, Egbal and Denise created a wiki using www.pbworks.com (formerly pbwiki.com) called
eiis which stand for Ethics in Independent Schools ... it is currently configured so that outsiders cannot
see or view it without being given permission ... the URL is http://eiis.pbworks.com/
Barb Jansen has given me permission to share THIS DOCUMENT from SAS
with other schools ... http://www.summercore.com/sc2009/SASaug09.pdf ... the schoool is St. Andrew's
School in Austin TX
Click ABOVE to see EITHER graduation picture OR a one minute YouTube video showing
Click here for the Summercore Carnival Video created and
shown by Sam at 12:33 PM on Friday
Shorecrest Preparatory School in Florida: July 27-31
9 AM to 5:15 Mon-Thur & 9-12:33 on Fri
Notes and pink card requests ... click here
Click below to magnify our graduation picture or click
for the Friday carnival YouTube video with the original music by Matt
*** Andrea, Annelise, Beth, Brian, Carrie, Charlsey, Donald, Dottie, Heather, Hugh, Jackie, Jennifer, Kim, Linda, Marcia, Mary Helen, Matt, Meg, Michele, Mindy, Patricia, Stephanie, Suzy, Terra and Val
Andrea Cardenas from St. Mary's Episcopal Day School (click) ...
Annelise Trubelhorn from Tampa Preparatory School (click) ...
Beth Sawyer from Academy of Holy Names (click) ...
Brian Gonzalez from St. Mary's Episcopal Day School (click) ...
Carrie Fowler from St. John's Episcopal (click) ...
Charlsey Reed from St. John's Episcopal (click) ...
Donald Morrison from Tampa Prep (click) ...
Dottie Smay from Shorecrest Preparatory School(click) ...
Heather Robinson from Independent Day School (click) ...
Hugh Schoolman from Shorecrest Preparatory School (click) ...
Jackie Carnes from Shorecrest Preparatory School
Jennifer Patterson from St. John's Episcopal Parish day School
Kim Jago from Tampa Prep
Linda Nutter from Academy of Holy Names (click) ...
Marcia Mann from Lake Forest Country Day School (click) ...
Mary Helen Chillura from St. Johns Parish Day School
Matt Murphy from St. Mary's Episcopal Day Schoo (click) ...
Meg Carte from St. Mary's Episcopal Day School
Michael Langlois from Brimmer and May School (click) ...
Michele Morris from St. Mary's Episcopal Day School (click) ...
Mindy Artze from
Shorecrest Preparatory School (click) ...
Patricia Loesekann from Academy of Holy Names (click) ...
Stephanie (click) ...
Suzy Maldonado from Berkeley Preparatory School (click) ...
Terra Shirvanian from Harbor Day School
Val Díaz Leroy from Shorecrest Preparatory School who is vdiazleroy (click) ...
Carol Stefany (click) ...
Dawn Weinman (click)
Click here for the benefits of Cloud Computing
Michael Langlois from Brimmer & May wins the $33 and donates it to Storefront ... click ... meanwhile Val created this booth for her
carnival session (click to magnify)
here for the Camilla challenge
Will anyone throughout the Summercore
be as clever as Camilla?
33 Questions for 33 Dollars
- 1 One byte = _____ and equals __ bits
- 2 One K= ________ and is metaphorically the same as _________
- 3 One meg = ______ and is metaphorically the same as _________
- 4 One gigabyte = ________ and is metaphorically the same as _________
- 5 One terabyte = ______
- 6 _______ is often referred to as micro-blogging where users can write "tweets" no larger
- than ___ characters or bytes.
- 7 The Summercore memory stick we give you holds ________ megabytes which is the same
as ______ gigabytes.
- 8 The word blog first used in 1999 is short for ______
- 9 A CD ROM holds about ___ meg which is the same as ___ K
- 10 A DVD disk holds _______ between __ and __ gigabytes
- 11 RAM stands for R__ A_____ M_____ and refers to __
- 12 ROM stands for R___ O___ M______ and refers to __
- 13 Larry Bird's initials (LB) in ASCII code are __ and __
- 14 Memory Sticks and many other devices tend to use the _____ port which stands for the 3
words __________ ___________ _____
- 15 YouTube began in _____ and currently has over _______________ videos.
- 16 A viral video can be defined as _____________________________________
- 17 Three ways to make a graphic file smaller are __________________________
Click here for a summary of the 3 ways to
"Keep the File Small" along with my song by the same name (Steve)
- 18 The Red Sox have won ___ more World Series this century than the Yankees.
- 19 An MP3 file is ___________ and typically might be ____ megabytes
- 20 A __________ is used to create a collaborative Web site that allows users to easily add or
edit content (hint: "quick" in Hawaiian)
- 21 In order to keep track of new content on blogs and websites, you should use an aggregator
- such as ______ that grabs _____ feeds.
- 22 The Rule of 3 refers to the following 3 reminders when saving: ___ and __ and ___
- 23 The fourth tip when saving is ________
- 24 The point size of ___ equals 1 inch
- 25 Use __ space(s) between sentences
- 26 Pushing the ____ button repeatedly is a sign that you have not reached computer maturity
- 27 List 5 suffixes or extensions for computer files (Mac or PC) and explain what each one
- refers to.
- 28 Audio files that Web users subscribe to are called ____
- 29 HTML stands for H_____ T_____ M_____ L______
- 30 A computer virus can be defined as _____________
- 31 Software that you are allowed to put onto multiple computers is called _____________
- 32 Many schools have abandoned Microsoft Office moving to _______________ a
collaborative Web based word processor, spreadsheet,
presentation which allows users to
create and edit documents online simultaneously.
- 33 Larry Bird's uniform number in binary is _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Click here for a picture of many of the people over the years who have won the 33 dollars.